Loring’s aviation complex is part of the Loring Commerce Centre (the former Loring Air Force Base), a large and diverse industrial/business park complete with its own municipal support services, communications infrastructure and transportation systems. It is currently operating as a private airport and is in the process of developing an airport master plan to support the further development of an FAA supported public airport.
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
- Research & Development
- Autonomous Systems
- New Space Industries
- DoD operations
Built to the highest standards by the U.S. Air Force, the 1,600 acre (647 Hectare) Loring aviation complex offers:
- 12,100 ft. runway
- 400,000 sf. (37,000 sm) of hangar space and acres of ramp areas for new construction
- Hangar size range 22,000 sf. to 194,000 sf. (2,043 to 18,000 sm)
- Superior Aviation facilities including:
- Arch Hangar, 126,000 sf. (11,706 sm) 90 ft. (27.4 m) ceiling height at center door width/height: 312 ft. X 40 ft. with 60 ft. tail opening
- Snow Barn, 41,000 sf. (3,809 sm) 40 ft (12.2 m) ceiling height at center door height: 30 ft (9.1 m)
Located in northern Maine, Loring’s close proximity to the northeastern United States and eastern Canadian markets, as well as the European markets, presents an advantageous location and unique launching point for globally based aerospace businesses.
Northern Maine has a motivated and affordable workforce, as well as a number of applied workforce training programs to support business growth. The State of Maine offers numerous business assistance programs to help support business growth.
- Pine Tree Development Zone (PTZ)-Tier 1 location
- Business Equipment Tax Exemption (BETE)
- Opportunity Zone (OZ)
- Municipal Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- New Market Tax Credit (NMTC)
- Streamlined Permitting and Flexible Zoning
Occurring at the local community colleges and universities for your business, customized to your business needs.
Maine’s community colleges offer short-term FREE training programs for workforce development. Workforce funding The Maine Workforce Development Compact offers member businesses training funds, scholarships, and personalized advising.
The Maine Apprenticeship Program has established “earn while you learn” apprenticeship work models customized to the specific needs of employers.
With a company that is a good fit for the Loring Commerce Centre, we have the capacity to build a workforce.
Please contact us to learn more about our specialized assets for next generation aviation and aerospace businesses.
Carl W. Flora, President & CEO
Loring Development Authority of Maine
Business Development Advisor